6/24/08

Hungry like the wolf.

One thing I certainly notice since we've brought home Ollie is that he LOVES to eat. If you watch him eat, some might think we never feed this dog! Ollie get two meals a day, and a handful of treats. So he's certainly not starving. I also read that Golden's tend to be piggies and can gain weight very easily. I swear that every person that comes into this home is automatically on a diet. We monitor the amount he gets and makes sure he's at a healthy weight. So why does he inhale his food? I will get footage and you'll see. I worry that he's not getting the nutrition out of the food because it goes through him like a hot knife through butter. I'll have to figure out my next method of portion control. Right now, our routine is that i pick up his dog bowl, walk to the garage where his food is. I scoop two cups of RoyaL Canine for Goldens, tell him to sit, then stay while I Set the bowl down. Here is a shot of his pathetic look of desperate hunger.


















Here is a shot of his mug and the look he gives when he's hungry and the picture next door is a close up of the drool that drips from his mouth during those 5 seconds of waiting for my "ok" command. Below you will see the pools of drools that form because I might have made him wait 2 seconds longer that usual. Good thing our kitchen floor is doggy drool friendly.

6 comments:

Mika said...

Aww Ollie, Ollie, Ollie..

In the first picture it looks like he's saying "can I eat now? Now? Now? How about now?" At least he's not talking like this dog: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=34512214

Have you heard of a panda scaring his mom before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzRH3iTQPrk

Mika said...

I found this recipe on another blog. I want to try it out for Mika. I'll tell you how it goes. I just need to find where I can get tripe.
http://ferndoggle.blogspot.com/2008/06/its-gettin-hot-in-here.html

i said...

Hello Ollie! That's some drool you've dripped on the floor hehe...well, I can never resist food either hehe...

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

hi,

welcome to www.dogswithblogs.com.au - it is great to meet you, and I am sure that you will make lots of new friends here :)

love

opy

Amber-Mae said...

Hiya Oliver! Nice to meet cha & welcome to Dogs With Blogs! Ooooh, I drool like you too when I can't resist food...It's torturous. My hoomans often laugh at me when I drool like that. By the way, do you know you're handsome? Wanna be friends? By the way, check out my bloggie too aight. I'm Malaysia's only dancing Golden Retriever. I love to dance, do tricks & most of all, SHOW OFF! Hee!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Penny said...

Thanks for the warm welcome! Ollie will be very pleased to share his stories and adventures with all his friends!